Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Farfalle with courgette pesto

Since I have been on Weightwatchers (home version) for 2 weeks now, I though that it might be nice put up some recipes which I have been experimenting with in the last few days.

Farfalle with courgette pesto (allegedly serves 4 - more like 2 big portions, or 3 medium ones if you ask me)

400g courgettes
250g (uncooked weight) short pasta (recipe calls for farfalle, but I didn't have any)
some vegetable stock
1 clove garlic
Handful of basil
1 tbs oil
2 tbs grated cheese (I used Parmesan)
salt & pepper

Bring your water to the boil, add some salt then put in the pasta.

Chop the courgettes in wedges (0.5 - 1 cm thick). Heat a pan then add
the courgettes, a bit of vegetable stock (about 1 - 2 ladles) and salt & pepper to taste. Cook until al dente. Towards the end of the cooking, chop the basil and the galic clove and add them in.

Put this all in the blender and blend slighty, so you get a chunky paste. Add in the oil and the parmesan.

Drain pasta and mix the pasta and the pesto together in a box, then serve and enjoy!

I didn't add the oil and parmesan to the pesto until it was on my plates, that way we could tailor the meal to as many points as I wished :) 250g of pasta is about 5 points in total.

I added 2 tsps of parmesan and 1 tsps of oil, had about 150g of uncooked pasta (about 225 cooked) so that worked out at 3 + 1 + 1 = 5 points. The only points in the pesto itself are for the oil and cheese.

It makes a lovely fresh tasting pesto, so would recommend it!

No comments: